The poem Brush likens the soft skin of a body to the waiting page of a brush painter, where the slightest graze by the tip of a finger—a touching down and lifting up again like the stroke of a brush—proves incredibly arousing. An inking that is invisible, but indelible and penetrating.
With the feel of an artist’s smock, the Brush duster holds a secret or two.
Please note: Garnet color shown is sold out. New denim blue duck is available as shown.
- Full bell sleeves turn back to reveal second, inner sleeves of delicate voile that brush the wrist lightly and are individually hand-painted with black ink
- Two large front pockets, one with a special narrow slot for a handmade paintbrush, crafted by master calligraphy brush maker Ying Zhou from Maine driftwood and Maine’s Springtide Farm’s organic cashmere goat hair
- Delicate shawl collar
- Open front with smoke-black mother-of-pearl button, slight curve in at the waist, French seams Length at or just below the knee
- 10% of your Brush purchase benefits the National Museum of Women in the Arts in Washington, D.C., and, locally, The Indigo Arts Alliance for artists of African descent in Portland, Maine
- Includes a card imprinted with the poem
Materials and garment care
55% hemp, 45% organic cotton with
100% organic cotton voile sleeve insets.
Denim blue version:
55% recycled hemp, 45% organic cotton duck
with 100% organic cotton voile sleeve insets.
Delicate cold wash and hang dry, or
green dry clean. Do not bleach.
Painted sleeves: iron low heat, wrong side.
Nadine, with the bowl of ink and painting, is 5’10” and is wearing size XL.
Luke, tossing paper, is 5’11” and is wearing size M.
Joanne, in the garnet, with the ink blots, is 6’ and is wearing size M.
Ellery, pointing the paintbrush, is 5’5” and is wearing size M.