Animal Vegetable Mineral
In the 5-part poem Animal Vegetable Mineral, the narrator moves through a series of incarnations, illuminating a new part of themselves within each vignette.
Each section begins with a shift, a movement such as, “I died,” “I came,” “I went” or “I stayed.” This speaks to the idea that, as our life stories fall into chapters, sometimes we need to leave behind the self of one period in order to step into the next. The journey is our story and we make and remake it as we go, growing into ourselves by virtue of each intriguing person, fascinating place and curious thing we meet along the way.
*Please note: online store is now closed. For display only.
Currently shipping within the US only. Regular orders for in-stock items within the US ship FREE within 3 days of ordering via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, without insurance. Please note that we cannot guarantee delivery dates and cannot be responsible for damaged or lost packages.
Inquire as to the status of your order by writing to us at email@example.com.
- The AVM pant has the act of meandering stitched right into it, a movement ambling toward a new adventure right around the corner
- Legs are wide with a lovely lantern hem
- An asymmetrical apron features a button tab from which dangles a removable drawstring pouch. Inside, along with the paper ticket mentioned in the poem, a blank scroll booklet offers a page on which to write, paint or stitch in bits of living. Also available without the button tab and pouch
- Side closure of 4 smoke-black mother-of-pearl buttons, and one side-seam pocket; French seams
- Button tab at the waist’s back to perfect fit
- 10% of your Animal Vegetable Mineral purchase benefits the American Civil Liberties Union and, locally/internationally, Seeds of Peace
- Includes a card imprinted with the poem
55% hemp, 45% organic cotton pant and drawstring pouch.
100% Irish linen and 100% organic cotton booklet.
Please remove pouch before laundering.
Delicate cold wash and hang dry, or green dry clean.
Do not bleach. Iron low heat.
Lindsey, with the stacks of newspapers, is 5’4” and is wearing size XS.
Ellery, with the rolled newspaper, is 5’5” and is wearing size S.
Luke, with the tickets, is 5’11” and is wearing size XS
View Sizing Chart