The poem Brush likens the soft skin of a body to the waiting page of a brush painter, where the slightest graze by the tip of a finger—a touching down and lifting up again like the stroke of a brush—proves incredibly arousing. An inking that is invisible, but indelible and penetrating.
With the feel of an artist’s smock, the Brush duster holds a secret or two.
*Please note: online store is now closed. For display only.
Currently shipping within the US only. Regular orders for in-stock items within the US ship FREE within 3 days of ordering via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, without insurance. Please note that we cannot guarantee delivery dates and cannot be responsible for damaged or lost packages.
Inquire as to the status of your order by writing to us at email@example.com.
- Full bell sleeves turn back to reveal second, inner sleeves of delicate voile that brush the wrist lightly and are individually hand-painted with black ink. Also available with plain, unpainted inner sleeves
- Two large front pockets, one with a special narrow slot for a handmade paintbrush, crafted by master calligraphy brush maker Ying Zhou from Maine driftwood and Maine’s Springtide Farm’s organic cashmere goat hair. Also available without the handmade brush and brush pocket
- Delicate shawl collar
- Open front with smoke-black mother-of-pearl button, slight curve in at the waist, French seams Length at or just below the knee
- 10% of your Brush purchase benefits the National Museum of Women in the Arts in Washington, D.C., and, locally, The Indigo Arts Alliance for artists of African descent in Portland, Maine
- Includes a card imprinted with the poem
55% hemp, 45% organic cotton with
100% organic cotton voile sleeve insets.
Denim blue version:
55% recycled hemp, 45% organic cotton duck
with 100% organic cotton voile sleeve insets.
Delicate cold wash and hang dry, or
green dry clean. Do not bleach.
Painted sleeves: iron low heat, wrong side.
Nadine, with the bowl of ink and painting, is 5’10” and is wearing size XL.
Luke, tossing paper, is 5’11” and is wearing size M.
Joanne, in the garnet, with the ink blots, is 6’ and is wearing size M.
Ellery, pointing the paintbrush, is 5’5” and is wearing size M.
View Sizing Chart