the tight bright hunker of an alpine garden
This poem honors the tiny alpine flowers that thrive in bitterly harsh landscapes, as well as the complexity of a mother-daughter relationship in the face of aging and the adversities that come with it.
Recounting a harrowing mountain trek with my own mother, the tight bright hunker of an alpine garden speaks to the intimate connection between our bodies, the separateness (and not) of our identities as women, and a gratitude for our endurance and survival.
*Please note: online store is now closed. For display only.
Currently shipping within the US only. Regular orders for in-stock items within the US ship FREE within 3 days of ordering via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, without insurance. Please note that we cannot guarantee delivery dates and cannot be responsible for damaged or lost packages.
Inquire as to the status of your order by writing to us at email@example.com.
- Relaxed comfort is perfect for walking anywhere, mountain to museum
- Waistline with a flat front and elastic back
- Two large knee pockets in contrasting garnet, the right appliquéd with a gray sateen patch individually hand-painted with an abstract mountain range. Also available without the hand-painted patch
- Pant cuffs lined with an interior garnet layer visible when turned up, high or low
- Two side-seam pockets; French seams
- 10% of your Alpine purchase benefits The Dempsey Center (cancer support services in Maine) and, regionally, the Appalachian Mountain Club
- Includes a card imprinted with the poem
Gray pant and garnet pockets: 55% recycled hemp, 45% organic cotton duck with 100% organic cotton sateen patch.
Delicate cold wash and hang dry, or green dry clean.
Do not bleach. Iron low heat.